Hello everyone this will be a pretty full post but please read the entire thing as there are some important details to consider.
1. Small Groups Event January 11th we will be having our small groups event. At this event youth group will be divided into small groups.
9 & 10 boys (with Herman and Mark)- Will meet at the church at 7 pm then they will walk to Mark Siertsema's apartment. They are asked to bring sleds.
11 & 12 boys (with Ray H and Nathan)- Will meet at Ray Heeres house at 6:30 pm for dinner and a hang out. Ray's address is: 454 Wallace Ave N Listowel
9-12 girls (with Ella, Gabrielle and Janelle) - Will meet at the church at 7 pm for a paint event! This event is a fun and easy way to look like a pro artist! The teacher will walk you through how to paint a certain picture while you hang out and chat!
2. Survey- We have heard feedback from some that youth group runs too long as a result we we would like every student, parent and leader, to respond with one of three choices to this post/email.
1. Youth group time should stay the same. (Prayer at 7 pm. Youth Group from 7:30-9:30 pm)
2. Youth group is too long it should be shorter. (Prayer at 7 pm. Youth Group from 7:30 - 9 pm)
3. Youth group should start earlier. (Prayer at 6:30 pm. Youth Group from 7 pm - 9 pm)
I NEED YOUR ANSWER BY JANUARY 13TH.
3. Serve July 22nd-29th 2017- This year serve will be in Thunder Bay Ontario. We are looking for 12 youth to go. We want a deposit of $70 to confirm your spot for Serve by March 21st. Cost to be registered is $450 CDN ($360 USD) but because Winter Retreat was cancelled this year we will use that money to subsidize registration costs so we will charge $370 CDN per person for registration. Meaning that once you have paid your $70 deposit you will owe $300. We will need to raise more money for transportation costs once everyone is registered. We will also do a valentines dinner (Tentatively February 10th) to raise youth bucks.
4. Youth Group January 18th- We will be talking about Empowering one another or "Why Church"?
5. We will have no Youth Group January 25th Because of Exams
6. Emmanuel Bible College's Infusion Team will lead Youth Group February 1st.
7. Tentative Valentine's Fundraiser Dinner February 10th. (Pending any Scheduling Conflicts)